Welcome back to Emmerdale Live and Organized! In case you haven’t been here before here is what happens. I watch the episode and write down my thoughts as it comes to me in an organized fashion. It’s like a live look inside my brain while watching Emmerdale. Not as crazy as it sounds. Unless you want it to be. *wink*
The Mill Family (and Murder Lachlan WHO IS NOT FAMILY)
It’s back. That family feeling its back. Everyone is hanging out in the Mill. It feels like a home and not just a place in the village. I really loved that Paddy came around and had a good conversation with Aaron and Robert. Taking in both of their comments. Deciding what to do next. I really liked those scenes. Reminds me of when Paddy, near the end of the breakup crap, was a lot more ‘Team Robert’. He isn’t full blown like me (Cheerleader for Robert) but he respects him and I enjoy seeing that.
I really loved how Liv got upset at the idea that Robert was blaming himself for the mess. The gas leak. Almost getting Liv and Seb killed. When we know…We know the truth. Liv won’t let Robert take the blame this time. I liked that a lot. Shows how far everyone has come there.
Speaking of Liv. That scene with Lachlan, it was brutal. I saw her eye that vodka and started talking to the screen. Telling her to walk away. Walk away and get some fresh air. Sadly, she is in her early stages and she faltered. Perfectly normal. She will be ok. Lachlan, if you can excuse the language, fucked with her head. SIGH. I really don’t like joking about Lachlan anymore because NOW…he is pissing me off. Almost killing Robert and Liv. Almost killing Seb. Now Lydia is getting TOO close to him? NOPE. SCREW LACHLAN. I will accept murder rock into my life but NOT LACHLAN.
I’ve been seeing some say that Aaron not believing Liv is out of character. Only…in my opinion…its not. Not at all. He reacted the same way towards Robert back in January when the accident happened. Robert suggested that Lachlan could have something to do with it and Aaron shut him down just like he did with Liv. Also, he was just doing what he has always done to Robert. Not go along with it until he see’s the proof in front of him. Aaron was in character.
I do love that Robert knows himself that something is up. He is connecting the dots in his own way. He has to remember those feelings in January and seeing Liv with the same situation. That might be why he is more willing to believe her or support her outright. He has been there. He gets it. I think Robert and Liv are going to start swapping memories and stories as everything unfolds.
Still, great scenes. I really love the family atmosphere. I love how soft Aaron is with Robert and Seb. SEB. More about that lovely piece of cutie in ‘The Little Things’ section.
Just One of the Boys
Matty working on the farm with Sam and Pete? YES PLEASE. I love how he is trying so hard when all he has to be is himself. Pete and Sam are treating him no different than they would treat any new person working there. I love that. Moira is giving him special treatment but that’s just a mom thing. I love when Matty talks to Faith. She usually helps Matty realize that he is overthinking things or needs to remember that he doesn’t have to go above and beyond on everything.
He is enough.
David, Maya and Liam
This got weird and messy. I don’t understand why David keeps sleeping with her if he doesn’t seem to like her? Was Eric like that before he calmed down a bit? Is this a trait of this family? David does it so often and never learns…its getting weird. I really like Dr. C aka Liam (welcome to the cast buddy) and I enjoyed watching him torture David but when he told personal ‘HIPPA’ information to David? NO. What is up with doctors and doctor’s receptionist telling people PERSONAL INFORMATION. At least Liam knew what he did was wrong! (I’m still bitter about the crap Liz pulled on Eva over Susie).
I kind of assumed that Tracy was pregnant. I’m surprised the show had her go through with the abortion. Especially after the crap they pulled with Chas and even Rebecca (Oh…I mentioned her name finally.) I liked how the writers had her explain her process to the audience. Why she made the decision. In real life she doesn’t owe ANYONE an explanation for her decision (Her body. Her choice. That’s the proper way to use that phrase by the way) but since it is a soap its good she explained her thought process to the audience. I sincerely loved that last scene in the episode. As David was talking I could feel my eyes roll up higher and higher up into my head (that’s an image) and I was afraid we were about to get a moment where Tracy regretted her choice. Then she stood tall and told her dad that she did make the right decision in the end. That’s when my eyes returned to their normal positions and I let out a, ‘HUH.’ I was worried the show might “punish” her (Kerry and the shit KO put her character though comes to mind) but something tells me it won’t happen this time. Not like that. Tracy remains one favorites this year. Amy has range. I’m glad the show is finally letting her show it.
The Little Things
- I like the relationship between Frank and Tracy. It felt real. It felt sweet. I hope the show keeps developing it.
- Have you noticed that the show says ‘Mayas’ name two different ways. Some say it as “My-ya” and then “May-ya”.
- That poor cop! I do love that Cain walked up to him like he was a friend of his. Like, hey buddy! Come back later. I haven’t done anything to hide from you yet. *whispers…YOU MISSED THAT PLOT FROM A FEW MONTHS AGO! unwhispers*
- Aaron is looking good by the way. Especially when feeding Seb. Seriously, fatherhood looks good on him. *See’s Robert out of the corner of my eye. He is bringing over a chair while holding his lasagna and milk. He is pissed.* Here comes the speech. I miss Aaron’s wrench.
- Lily continues to be adorable. Also, she refuses to eat like a normal human. LILY AND I ARE THE SAME! *wink* I do love that she is very entertained by Danny. You can see it. Every time they are on screen together she just stares. Hey Lily. Get in line. *double wink*
- Matty comparing himself to Adam. Interesting. Wonder if Moira and Matty will talk about that someday.
- I want Kerry, Megan and Harriet’s hair. Seriously. BEAUTIFUL. Everyone is so pretty on this show. I LOVE IT.
- Ross? He is starting to use his face and acid attack as an excuse to be bad. It’s one thing to struggle and stumble and hurt but to use it as a get out of jail free card for EVERYTHING? Nope. Doesn’t work like that. Not in my town.
- Dan made me smile again. FINALLY.
‘It’s Just Speculation!’
Oh honey. I give Danny that look too. Oddly enough with food on my face too!
Oh and that preview clip? For Thursday? *SQUEEEEEL* Can’t wait to watch it in context! <3
(gif by suggersdingle)
Let’s all be kind to one another. Respect each other’s opinions. Enjoy the ride Emmerdale has us on. If you would like to check out the previous reviews, click here and enjoy my ramblings as we were building towards a reunion. If you want to check out my other opinions check out this link for some fun reads. Don’t forget to check out my Tumblr if you want to get in contact with me. Until next time, Emmerdale Live and Organized is closing out for the day. Eat a Snickers bar, and I’ll see you all tomorrow.