This was a very concentrated episode. Setting up tomorrows big stories in the hour-long episode. Some were just adding a few beats. Some emotional. Some plot. Either way, I didn’t hate it at all. Then again, I guess I’m just simple-minded. That is why I don’t hate the show right now. Anyway…
Let’s crack on!
Tracey puts her Foot Down
It’s nice that for a millisecond David defended Tracey’s choice. It lasted a millisecond but it did happen. I don’t know why Jacob has to solve David’s shortcomings. It’s not a teenagers fault nor his job to fix his parents shortcomings. David used to be better at the parent thing.
Tracey handled things well. Listened to Jacob and gave him a soft place to land. I just realized that Jacob has three different types of mothers. He has someone to always listen especially when David is being a butthead. That’s nice.
Maya. Something is really off about her. Is it just me or does she look like Carly but with super curly hair? It unsettles me. I also don’t like the way she talked about Tracey’s choice. It rang hollow to me so when Tracey pretty much told her to keep to her own lane…I was right with her. Maya…don’t cross Tracey. She will eat you alive.
Sarah and Faith’s Excellent Adventure…to the pub (only the Dingles)
I enjoyed their little adventure at the Moors Pub. There was a lot of interesting things talked about mixed in with some trope eye-rolling but in my eyes, the good outweighed the bad. I like how Faith says there is a lot to look forward to in life. Not just the dating thing (boys and girls will come and go) but other things. Experiences. Education. Making life long friends. Heartbreak. Fighting for a better future. There is a lot there to live for and I want to see Sarah survive and live that life.
They keep connecting Sarah to Baby Grace. Normally that would make me nervous, but my gut keeps telling me…it’s going to follow the course we expect. It’s just a story of two mothers having to face a future without their kids. Heartbreaking.
On a much sillier note (don’t want to leave anyone upset) I love how the show keeps taking shots at the Dingles and what they have done. Between having kids way too young, falling into crime and jumping from bed to bed the show has no problem calling them out lately. Also, how confusing every showrunner has made the Dingle Family Tree.
Keep calling them out. It clears my skin and pays off my student loans.
The Little Things
- Is Frank a low key diamond smuggler or just doing it for the fun of it all? What is going on with that story? It’s just odd. Like they took a story that was designed to be bigger and making it a small side story in the end.
- Ross and Moses are adorable. Bonding over the fact they hate Cain, Megan, and Frank. However, that car is going to be trouble (I’m being all foreboding, but everyone knows what is coming tomorrow).
- Rodney is showing up more and more lately. It’s happening. He is getting that storyline with Misty and his daughters. I know almost everyone hates Misty, but I enjoy her and I hope she stays. She is really funny and feels like a breath of fresh air. She isn’t hurting anyone. (Ducks from fans that all disagree with me) *Snort*
- That car is ugly. There. I said it.
- I can’t admit I’m saying this but I don’t hate Debbie when she is interacting with Sarah. I had to laugh though. After all the screaming and crying, for a scene where I’d be ok with her being super upset about her child…the tears never really came. *SNORT*
- That look Chas gives Ross in the pub. That was so classic Chas there. Robert and Aaron have seen that look on the regular in 2015.
- I wish I had all of Megan’s outfits and the body to wear them so well.
‘It’s Just Speculation!’
Let’s all be kind to one another. Respect each other’s opinions. Enjoy the ride Emmerdale has us on. If you would like to check out the previous reviews, click here and enjoy my ramblings as we were building towards a reunion. If you want to check out my other opinions check out this link for some fun reads. Don’t forget to check out my Tumblr if you want to get in contact with me. Until next time, Emmerdale Live and Organized is closing out for the day. Eat a Snickers bar, and I’ll see you all tomorrow.