Welcome back to Emmerdale Live and Organized! In case you haven’t been here before here is what happens. I watch the episode and write down my thoughts as it comes to me in an organized fashion. It’s like a live look inside my brain while watching Emmerdale. Not as crazy as it sounds. Unless you want it to be. *wink*
This is going to be a bit out of order. These hour only episodes are kicking my butt. Here we go!
The Surprise Party from Hell (Heaven for me though)
I loved how soapy that moment was with Doug admitting to Diane that he slept with Brenda. Everyone wanting to hear more. Sadly, I would have been like Faith and would have needed the bathroom. Sometimes that counts more than some juicy gossip. I’m shocked Eric wasn’t there but I think Faith was his stand in. I do love Tracey leaning into the conversation like she was watching her own soap. SAME WITH JIMMY. Jimmy kept eating and watching like I do when I watch Emmerdale. Jimmy. I love thee. You and Nicola work well for this reason. Both are petty and lovely at all the same time.
Diane’s turned on Doug really easily though. I don’t think she was willing to put in the work on their relationship for a long time. She really let him go easily. Doug wants to work on it but Diane…I think it is time to keep Diane and Doug broken up. They were never a supercouple and they were never meant for the long haul. I really like the idea of Brenda and Doug. I think they are sweet together. Both a bit ditzy but sweet. They have trouble with their self esteem and other relationship issues but they seem to even each other out. So far at least. Of what I’ve seen. I’d like to see more.
Brenda, Diane and Doug (Laurel too)
So, it’s out there. Doug told her to be honest and restart things. Brenda just wanted to move on. She was hurt. Doug was hurt. Laurel was taking things SUPER personally. For once, Brenda wasn’t thinking about Laurel when she slept with Doug. She was just in her own head and she connected with someone who was in the same pain. Laurel is making her guilt of what she did to Brenda and turning it around.
THAT FOOD FIGHT THOUGH. IT WAS PERFECT SOAP MATERIAL. Even better? Brenda strategically throwing the vegetables at Laurels head made me laugh so hard. Laurel has guilt and I think she thought that would absolve her of that guilt. Finally, Brenda did something bad and she isn’t the only one. However, Laurel, Honey…you aren’t any better or even with Brenda. Not even close. I still think Laurel is in mourning and Bob is a reaction to that. Bob, someone Ashley was close to. If Ashley was close to him and she is close to Bob too…she is close to Ashley. AGAIN, overthinking a simple funny food fight between two women who are feeling low and guilty.
I will say this. Diane deserved all that happened to her today. After the crap she pulled comparing Doug to Jack (WTF DIANE) I thought she deserved all of that and more. I know what I wrote was conversational but Diane…she and Victoria are not on my favorites list right now.
Amelia and Beth
I’m glad to see Amelia is physically ok. Mentally, she is being abused. Horribly. Stockholm syndrome is setting in and its dangerous and scary. This Beth person is insane, and Amelia is in major trouble. Not from physical harm but mental. What is happening to her will affect her way beyond this story. I hope they keep that up too. Maybe she starts to question her faith, like Harriet did for a while. A child questioning faith is like a milestone. Some keep the faith while others find it elsewhere. Maybe Amelia is going to learn to find it elsewhere soon.
I am really enjoying this mystery plot. I know it seems obvious now, but I can see a few twists coming. Maybe Dan’s past comes into play too. We still don’t know all the clues yet. My guess, like everyone else? Beth is the daughter of that guy Daz killed. Revenge. Still…we still don’t know.
Pryia vs Lachlan
Lachlan continues to be an interesting well-rounded villain. He isn’t just a killer like Phelan on Corrie. He is someone with a past that we are highly aware of. He is someone who feels inferior and holds many secrets. He isn’t half as smart as Belle or Pryia. He is someone who is struggling and making all the wrong decisions.
I do find it interesting that he lists people who never gave him a chance. His mom, granddad (Lawrence) and then Robert showed up. Yes, Lachlan, keep mentioning Robert. Something is still going on there even though Robert isn’t thinking that way about Lachlan anymore. Lachlan still thinks that way about Robert though. *BIG EYES*
Pryia and Belle. Women getting it done. Well done.
I won’t lie. I don’t like the ponytail guy. NEVER TRUST A PONYTAIL ON A GUY. Learn from my mistakes. Never works out. Don’t mind Lachlan killing this one. God, how horrible of me to write that. Yet…still ok with it being in this review. *shrugs*
The Little Things
- Nicola running around making those jokes cracked me up. I know its crass but that’s my Nicola and I love her for it.
- Victoria is back to getting on my nerves again. Forcing people to get Diane cards and fall all over themselves. Victoria really needs to get a storyline. Soon.
- Is the blanket Amelia was sitting on the Robert Butterfly blanket?!?!
- I WANT THOSE DINGLE PILLOWS. MOSTLY CAIN AND CHARITY.
- I loved…LOVED seeing the small village/town mentality on full display here. Also, find it interesting that the whole town was into hearing about Doug and Brenda. Charity having a Dingle Women hotline cracked me up too. My come in handy for a certain storyline coming up or in action. (Just saying).
- LYDIA WAS ON. MY HEART. MY LOVE. Sam and Lydia need to get a big wedding and I need to get some champagne and some cake to celebrate. *wink* Wait till you see what I have planned for the Robron wedding *Nothing. Just me smashing the keyboard with champagne in my hand*
- The more the show pushes Jack into the conversation (especially with Diane) gives me hope that something big is coming with Diane and Robert. Robert might finally tell Diane who Jack really was and make her see that putting Jack on that pedestal is hurting not just her but everyone around her. *coughs SAME WITH VICTORIA uncoughs*
- For the people who are alarmist? Robert is out of town. HAPPY NOW? GEEZ. I want to see my Seb. It’s been too long without a Seb sighting.
- Speaking of babies. Chas and Paddy continue their delusion tour. This is going to come crashing down and I’m going to be in tears when it does. I get what they are doing but…OH BOY.
‘It’s Just Speculation!’
Let’s all be kind to one another. Respect each other’s opinions. Enjoy the ride Emmerdale has us on. If you would like to check out the previous reviews, click here and enjoy my ramblings as we were building towards a reunion. If you want to check out my other opinions check out this link for some fun reads. Don’t forget to check out my Tumblr if you want to get in contact with me. Until next time, Emmerdale Live and Organized is closing out for the day. Eat a Snickers bar, and I’ll see you all tomorrow.