Welcome back to Emmerdale Live and Organized! In case you haven’t been here before here is what happens. I watch the episode and write down my thoughts as it comes to me in an organized fashion. It’s like a live look inside my brain while watching Emmerdale. Not as crazy as it sounds. Unless you want it to be. *wink*
Let’s crack on!
Charity and Chas
I know others talked about this but I’m going to repeat it here. The juxtaposition of Charity’s and Chas’s stories was so WELL DONE. Especially the swing set scene. How Charity is moving while Chas is still. Charity gets to move forward in her story, her son is alive. Chas is stopped because her daughter isn’t going to live (unless there is a miracle). The conversation was light, but it was heavy in meaning. It was like the two were meeting up at two different points of their story to check in just to go off again. Like they were both going two different ways down a path and met in the middle. Sooner or later they will have to meet again for their own sanity.
Now separating the two. Let’s start with Charity.
Everything Charity thought could never happen is happening. Bails is being called out. Her son is really alive. She does have the very VERY pushy backing of Vanessa and Harriet. Charity is on the move and there is a lot happening. Maybe the start of some healing for her. Acceptance of the past and how it shouldn’t affect her future. There will be pain. LOTS and LOTS of pain but in the end, she still has her son. A son she did want and did want to save.
It’s a girl. She would finally have a boy and a girl. It just wasn’t meant to be. I liked how the show had her ‘fuzz’ out of the speech the nurses were giving her. I think my head would be buzzing with shock too. I think that last scene with Chas in the pub playing like everything was great is what got me. What made my heart break into a million pieces? That hug with Paddy. That moment of total pain and sorrow for a second before putting on the happy face. SERIOUSLY. IT HURT SO BAD TO SEE THAT. I couldn’t do that. I’d be bawling if I got that type of news about my child. Chas is going to not accept. Maybe denial? Maybe she thinks it will be ok. Maybe she thinks they are wrong. Either way…when it all comes out its going to hurt and more than likely change Chas and Paddy’s relationship going forward. I don’t even like Chas and Paddy together but…WOW. This is going to really rock them to their core.
Both Lucy and Emma are amazing actresses and they had me there with them every step of the way. I’m going to stick with them as they take every heartbreaking step. Either way, they are strong and they will survive. Chas and Charity always survive in the end.
The Little Things
- Faith losing track of the Dingle family tree is all of us losing track of the Dingle family tree. Great wink at the audience who struggle as well.
- Charity is me when I’m stressed. Make a sarcastic comment but I do appreciate the love and attention.
- Paddy and Marlon driving around and having problems finding the castle gave me ‘The Long Long Trailer’ feels. IF you have seen that classic staring Lucy Ball and Desi Arnaz you know the trouble they went through turning at the right places. *wink*
- I’m excited to meet Ryan. I mean, we know he meets Charity but I can’t wait to meet him too. New Dingle on the scene.
- I didn’t see anyone acting crazy over Chas calling Paddy her partner. I have to say…I’m still convinced Robron (had to mention them somewhere like a good little fangirl) using the term Partner is designed to lead up to the engagement/wedding. There is some good speculation on that on Tumblr. Search for it. Its so much fun and positive to read.
- THE LAMB. Just saying. THE LAMB. Think about it. THINK ABOUT IT.
‘It’s Just Speculation!’
(I’m not upset by spoilers or speculation. Its the only gif I have of them and I wanted to put a gif of them here today.)
Let’s all be kind to one another. Respect each other’s opinions. Enjoy the ride Emmerdale has us on. If you would like to check out the previous reviews, click here and enjoy my ramblings as we were building towards a reunion. If you want to check out my other opinions check out this link for some fun reads. Don’t forget to check out my Tumblr if you want to get in contact with me. Until next time, Emmerdale Live and Organized is closing out for the day. Eat a Snickers bar, and I’ll see you all tomorrow.