Welcome back to Emmerdale Live and Organized! In case you haven’t been here before here is what happens. I watch the episode and write down my thoughts as it comes to me in an organized fashion. It’s like a live look inside my brain while watching Emmerdale. Not as crazy as it sounds. Unless you want it to be. *wink*
Let’s crack on!
The Ross Saga (Part Three)
There is a lot of Debbie, Ross and Joe stuff. I have nothing to say about it right now. I want to make jokes and be funny but I’m having trouble with that today. So, a few observations.
- The storyline is more about the redemption of Debbie than Ross and how he deals with this new life with a scarred face. *sigh*
- Ross should be angry. I’m defending Ross…SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE.
- Cain giving the weak warning to Ross seemed out of character but at the same time…I think Cain knows he doesn’t have a leg to stand on.
- I actually liked the speech Ross gave at the end to Debbie. I am someone who thinks people who get the death penalty get off easy. They should be forced to stay on earth locked in a room with no windows thinking about what they have done until they go mad. Debbie should have to see what she has done. Suffer like he suffered. I get Ross and his thinking there. As psycho as that sounds. (EEK)
- Debbie is the princess. Every soap has one. It’s the character that will always get away with doing something bad because they are the princess or prince of the show. They will always be protected by the writers, new and old. Debbie is one of those characters and that makes her even more frustrating to me.
Bob, Laurel, Brenda and the Kids (OH MY!)
I know people hate this storyline. It’s not great but I’m about to offer a different way to look at it. Something I noticed. Anytime a couple has an affair and finally gets together for real, usually, the show lets us see them together and lets them stay in a little love bubble. For Bob and Laurel…they are forcing them to face the consequences of their actions. Through their children. The affair didn’t just hurt Brenda it hurt Arthur, Gabby, Health and Cathy. The show is making sure we know this and I kind of like that. The fact that characters are facing the hurt their actions caused others. It makes it a bit more compelling.
The Little Things
- Did you see Diane talk to Dottie? That cutie started making some noise and she decided to have a mini convo with her while Brenda ranted about the twins. It was an adorable moment.
- I didn’t like that Brenda complained about having the twins. Those kids are looking to her for stability and Brenda complaining she was stuck with them made me give a side eye to her. Bob is not the best person for them to be around right now. I kind of liked that Diane called her out on that comment.
- Amelia remains adorable. She just wants everyone to be happy and she will pray for them to be happy. I’m not big on religion (born and raised Roman Catholic) but I was always taught to try and do some good in the world and I think Amelia is that type of Christian. That I can get behind. Poor girl, wait till she finds out about Daz. Lots of praying going on then. In my mind, Dan is her dad. He raised her and loves her. He is her dad no matter what.
- No Robron so…in my head….they are testing out the strength of that video game chair that Robert bought Aaron. Can it hold them both? *WINK*
- HARRIET. NO. NOOOOOO. So not your place to be looking for Charity’s kid. So far people have been making choices for Charity and I don’t like that. Let Charity do what she wants. It’s her past. Let her deal with it the best way she can right now.
- I want all of Laurel’s clothes. Especially that floral dress.
‘It’s Just Speculation!’
Let’s all be kind to one another. Respect each other’s opinions. Enjoy the ride Emmerdale has us on. If you would like to check out the previous reviews, click here and enjoy my ramblings as we were building towards a reunion. If you want to check out my other opinions check out this link for some fun reads. Don’t forget to check out my Tumblr if you want to get in contact with me. Until next time, Emmerdale Live and Organized is closing out for the day. Eat a Snickers bar, and I’ll see you all tomorrow.